The knife sharpener comes from Triple Aught Design in San Francisco. They have two brick and mortar shops in San Francisco and I always make a stop – when I visit that city…check out their other products…ALL have outdoor recreation and Fly Fishing applications…
Posts Tagged ‘Osborne 940 BENCHMADE KNIFE’
PLANETTROUT: Fly Fishing, Fly Tying and LIFE
- SOFT HACKLES…STILL WATER…(In Progress)
- HOOKed (and beaded) UP…TROUTLEGEND – Completed…
- What Michael did, instead of FLY FISHING, over a weekend….
- HOOKed (and beaded) UP – MATERIALS…PT. II …
- HOOKed (and beaded) UP…PT. I …
- AN Attractor, Caddis, Midge and … ( COMPLETED)…
- Not a lawn DART…Completed…
- The SPARKLE PUPA …a Contemporary Revision (COMPLETED)…
- SOME STONES…(Done done)
- ATTRACTOR PATTERNS FOR SPRING 2014…COMPLETED !
- Absarokee MT Ally Barker Antron Arrowheads Asian Actress Asian Model Aspen CO Attractor Fly Patterns Baetis Bishop CA Blue Ribbon Flies Bob Marriott's Fly Fishing Store Boulder River MT Bridgeport CA Brown Trout CA Caddis Larvae Caddis patterns Caddis Pupa CHARLIE CRAVEN FLY TIER Craig Matthews Craig Matthews Fly Tier Czech Nymphing Deep Springs Valley Eastern Sierras East Walker River fly fishing fly fishing photos Fly Fishing Story fly pattern photos fly patterns fly tying Frying Pan River Frying Pan River CO Gamakatsu C12-B Scud hooks Grannom Hot Creek Hot Creek CA Hot Creek Ranch Independence CA Jean Marie Hon Little Virginia Lake Lone Pine CA Lone Pine Creek Lower Owens River Madison River Madison River MT Michael Barker Michael Barker Fly Fishing Midge Patterns Monache Meadows MT Mt. Whitney Nadia Barker North Fork of the Tule River Nye MT Owens River Owens River CA Owens Valley Rainbow Trout Roaring Fork River CO SLF Prism Stillwater River Stillwater River MT Susan Hayward TMC 2488 Hooks Trumbull Lake Upper Owens River Virginia Lakes Resort Walter Wiese Walter Wiese Fly Tier West Walker River White Mountains Yellowstone National Park Zelon
- SOFT HACKLES...STILL WATER...(In Progress)
- Arrowheads and sacred places....
- HOOKed (and beaded) UP...TROUTLEGEND - Completed...
- Me shooting Jean Marie Hon...
- The SPARKLE PUPA ...a Contemporary Revision (COMPLETED)...
- FLASHIES...for SPRING...(tardily DONE)...
- NEW WINSTON RODS - 2011...
- South To Bridgeport, CA And Green Creek....
- SOFT HACKLES...
John Wymore on SOFT HACKLES…STILL WATER… planettrout on SOFT HACKLES…STILL WATER… John Wymore on SOFT HACKLES…STILL WATER… planettrout on FULL (and open) BAR IN HE… Jody Evans on FULL (and open) BAR IN HE… planettrout on I’M YOUR CAPTAIN… Bill Nicolow on I’M YOUR CAPTAIN… planettrout on I’M YOUR CAPTAIN… Bill Nicolow on I’M YOUR CAPTAIN… planettrout on HOOKed (and beaded) UP…T…
- Simply Stated July 23, 2014“In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.” Longfellow “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Da Vinci Filed under: Design, Gardening, Photography Tagged: Da Vinci, design, flowers, Longfellow, Photography, simplicity, SwittersBSwittersB
- Simply Stated July 23, 2014
- for the love of water July 22, 2014 Marc Fauvet
- My version of the RS2 in PMD July 16, 2014The RS2 has always been a good producer for me... I tie them to represent many different Mayflies from Green Drakes to Trico's. The only thing that changes is the color of the thorax and the size of the hook.Hook: #1560 12-24, wet fly (1x long)Thread: UTC 70Wing: fluff from base of dun rooster or turkey featherTail: pearl flash, tied splitAbdomen: rust […]email@example.com (Doug Korn, Fly Tyer)
- My version of the RS2 in PMD July 16, 2014
- Just in case… July 11, 2014After a long day of work, I’m gazing at my laptop screen again; my mind eases back to my last adventure. It started in Denver. I was there on business for a few days and I couldn’t wait to wrap things up and escape into the Rocky mountains; trading the city lights for those of the […]Leslie
- Just in case… July 11, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Jahresrückblick 2013 – Danke! March 16, 2014Für die grandiose Unterstützung meiner Leser und Freunde möchte ich mich hier in aller Form bedanken. Es war ein spannendes Jahr, mit vielen Erlebnissen und zahlreichen Stunden in atemberaubender Kulisse und Natur. Ich konnte viele schöne Momente am Wasser mit Freunden zusammen geniesen und mir außerdem einen Kindheitstraum erfüllen. Im August 2013 ging es z […]Uwe Müller
- Jahresrückblick 2013 – Danke! March 16, 2014
- Slaymaker's "Little Brook Trout" June 6, 2014I am sure plenty of Flyfishers enjoy the thrill of backpacking into the high country and fishing the alpine lakes during the summer. Breath taking views and pristine lakes with often very willing Trout are your reward for slinging a 45 lb Pack on and Hoofing it in many miles from your Car. Been enjoying such adventures since the mid 70's and always a Gr […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Dean Endress)
- Slaymaker's "Little Brook Trout" June 6, 2014
- ideal respite – frankfort, mi June 11, 2014Work had me north for a few days and as I was making my way back home I booked a Continue reading →M. Cisneros
- ideal respite – frankfort, mi June 11, 2014
- Paraninfo, experiencia práctica June 20, 2014El Paraninfo de mi amigo Paco Lizarraga (Paco "Maravillas") está últimamente de "moda". Al menos en cuanto a ciertas publicaciones en las que este montaje ha aparecido. Hay varios sitios donde se puede ver un paso a paso de este montaje. Yo os dejo dos sitios donde poder verlo, el blog de Joaquín Herrero (Enlace) De rios, truchas y pesca […]email@example.com (alfonso)
- Paraninfo, experiencia práctica June 20, 2014
- Cedar Lodge in Fly Life Magazine July 22, 2014Fly Life Magazine, a fly fishing publication focusing on Australia and New Zealand, recently published a feature on Cedar Lodge. The fly fishing in the region was spectacular, the scenery sublime and the lodge beautiful. The entire experience of flying … Continue reading →Oregon Fly Fishing Blog
- Cedar Lodge in Fly Life Magazine July 22, 2014
- Spey Nation VIIH: June 28, 2014: It was SN III for this flygirl. Despite a lower than usual turn out, I had a great time at Spey Nation. I admit I had second thoughts about going this year since I'd already seen just about all of the presenters before. But I had promised friends that I would go, so I went, and I'm glad I didn't miss it! A big thanks to Geoff […]
- Spey Nation VII
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Birthday Tenkara May 16, 2014I think I am getting wiser the older I get. I finally realized that I probably shouldn't work on my birthday and instead take the day off and go fishing. Life is too short to let such a opportunity go unused.We have had some really odd weather around here lately. Spring has been slow to come and I measured this last Monday 10" of new wet sloppy SNO […]goneflyfishing
- Birthday Tenkara May 16, 2014
- Sumo Rod Rack Review June 24, 2014The problem is simple: fly rods are long. They don’t fit in cars very well. So why not make a rod rack that holds them outside of cars?? You’ve already seen them but if you’re like most, you’ve probably just been curious and wanting one for a long time. Just go to Rodmounts.com and do it. They’re well-made and after […]Nathan Leavitt
- Sumo Rod Rack Review June 24, 2014
- Here We Go Again April 28, 2014An entire winter’s worth of snow slowly condensed into a thick layer of ice, sitting on lake ice that formed in December. With less than a week before Opening Day, there was nothing to be done about the ice but hope it would go out in time. Meanwhile, there were camps to prepare, repair, and […]Quill Gordon
- Here We Go Again April 28, 2014
- Czech Nymph Tied by, Alexander Dávid March 16, 2013Alexander Dávid is from Kadan in the Czech Republic. He is a frequent contributor to the Reel Sisters Colorado Facebook page. His flies are always colorful and creative and he seems tireless in his fly tying. I was lucky to receive some of Alex’s flies last year and they are awesome! Stop by our Facebook...avril anjers
- Czech Nymph Tied by, Alexander Dávid March 16, 2013
- Ant (Red) July 13, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (Normand Frechette)
- The ending comes first for a reason.. July 22, 2014Their was a figure sitting beside the river however because of the gloom I could not quite make them out. It was a pat of this river that I had never fished before however I knew it was popular with walkers so reckoned it was someone having a rest. I said hello however the figure [...]If you enjoyed this post then you may like these:I need to take my net…Hap […]Alistair Stewart
- The ending comes first for a reason.. July 22, 2014
- Early morning, river Liffey March 24, 2014We are nearly a month into the new fishing season and as yet I only have managed to get out on the Liffey on two occasions. The reason behind my lack of outings is the constant flooding of the river by water being released from the dam at Golden Falls. I now have to try […]wgsten
- Early morning, river Liffey March 24, 2014
- Marios Fliegendose bindet eine Crazy Charly July 8, 2014 email@example.com (Marco Reisen)
- UntitledDetailed instructions for tying a Tabou Caddis Emerger by Tightline Productions.
- FILSON: DRY BAGS July 22, 2014If gold diggers hikking to the Klondike would have had those Filson bags, it would have made their live easyer. But it’s never too late! You can have yours eased by that new edition of waterproof bags! You’ll keep your stuff dry, well the first one, the Dry Messenger Bag…Cyril Kamir
- FILSON: DRY BAGS July 22, 2014
- It Has Feathers, But It Isn't A Fly July 23, 2014This weekend was a bust as far as fly fishing around here. Despite the cool evening temperatures, the rivers near here got a little too warm by late morning, and by the time I wanted to fish, water temperatures were over 70 degrees. So I didn't fish, but I did put some fish in the pond and plant a bunch of aquatic plants that hopefully the deer won […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Matt Grobert)
- It Has Feathers, But It Isn't A Fly July 23, 2014
- Winter on the Big Thompson February 9, 2010 email@example.com (Nick W)
- Summer nights... July 13, 2014Whilst our beloved chalkstreams are looking peachy, other local rivers are finding themselves at summer levels. That makes fishing pretty tricky. In the day, it has been the long leader that has produced the goods. The stealth and presentation it offers really does help you to get amongst the fish. However, it's the evenings where the action really is. […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Wiltshire)
- Summer nights... July 13, 2014
- Germany part III July 21, 2014Location Obere Isar Wallgau, fishing partner Mihnea, I will try to be brief: day license 25 Euros, can be bought from the tourist information center in Wallgau, the amount of fishing licenses is limited, call and reserve with one or two weeks before. The upper Isar water is beautiful, but with few real good hot spots, the river bed was changed, so it can […]email@example.com (Darius)
- Germany part III July 21, 2014
- Back in the old days… May 17, 2014Just got this picture from a friend. This must be from about 94-95…vegardfly
- Back in the old days… May 17, 2014
- Streams of Consciousness III April 24, 2014Luck is a word we throw around fishing a lot. Usually speaking of luck, we speak of bad luck."That was a nice fish. Must have been some bad luck to have it pop off at the net.""Boy, that's some bad luck to have a storm rollin' over them hills as we were gearing up."And the worst, when your buddy calls you from the salmonfly hatc […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Trev Sliwkanich)
- Streams of Consciousness III April 24, 2014
- How to Fish the Pit River's new flows with CalTrout June 27, 2014 email@example.com (Benjamin Sandoval)
- June 12th, 2014: Fish Hard June 14, 2014The plan: Hit some dirty streamer water and cover some serious ground before hitting the bike for the Thursday Night Group ride at Brone’s Bike shop. What better way to spend an afternoon and evening. The only thing that needed to be considered for both the fishing and cycling plan … Continue readingwinonaflyfactory
- June 12th, 2014: Fish Hard June 14, 2014
- Salmon Flies July 22, 2014Hard to believe there were still some salmon flies fluttering around the canyons of Montana last week.A month late, but always a treat to throw a few of these critters unexpectedly, and have some big fish crash firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Kuchynka)
- Salmon Flies July 22, 2014
- Río Mendoza – Mayo 2014 June 4, 2014En los últimos días de Mayo tuvimos la oportunidad de pescar el Río Mendoza, por motivos que desconocemos, esta temporada del río cierra el 17 de Junio. Así que estamos casi al final… Una lastima, pero debe de haber un … Sigue leyendo →oldsmugglerflyfishing
- Río Mendoza – Mayo 2014 June 4, 2014
- May Fly Fishing: Montana’s Mother’s Day Caddis Hatch April 22, 2014The annual Mother’s Day Caddis hatch is one of the most anticipated events here in Southwest Montana. While it may not be quite as famous as the Salmon Fly hatch, the fishing can be every bit as good, if not … Continue reading →Doug Casey
- May Fly Fishing: Montana’s Mother’s Day Caddis Hatch April 22, 2014
- Hatchery Raised Anadromous Fish June 7, 2013Howdy, Disclaimer: I am not a fish biologist, an environmental lobbyist, an animal rights proponent, or a fisheries management employee. I am simply a fishing guide that wonders why the summer steelhead counts on my local rivers are so poor … Continue reading →admin
- Hatchery Raised Anadromous Fish June 7, 2013
- Daddy Snatchers September 13, 2012I came across a lovely wet Daddy Snatcher tied by Dave McPhail which caught my eye. I had to tie a few up for the box and several variants. I can see this working very well on the top dropper - useful for my forthcoming trip. Here are a few patterns that may be of interest and which may provoke some further ideas. Daddy SnatcherHook: Fulling Mill Supergrub […]email@example.com (Martin)
- Daddy Snatchers September 13, 2012
- The clear water river ! July 7, 2014She did it again this year, she made us crazy all over again. The night before we left, the waterlevel rose significantly, only to rise even more our thirst to(…) Read moreMathias Briquemont
- The clear water river ! July 7, 2014
- SBS with RevPara July 16, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (Andy Baird)
- "Connectiveness" July 6, 2014For years I've been informing new fly anglers that fly fishing was about "connectiveness" to what is occurring about us as we fly fish. This concept was recently more eloquently written about and reinforced in the current August-September 2014 issue of Fly Fisherman magazine's FORUM feature entitled "Time To Act" Here's th […]email@example.com (Frank R. Pisciotta)
- "Connectiveness" July 6, 2014
- Hidegfront és a Hernád April 17, 2014Hétfő, kilenc óra, találka Csaszival, kávé, infocsere, kölcsön bakancs, és indulás a vízre. Odafelé úton imádkozok, hogy kisüssön a nap, mivel a 13-14fok, szürke égbolt és szél nem a legideálisabb egy remélt napsütéses tavaszi pecához. Mire odaértem.. ugyan ezek a kondíciók fogadtak. Sebaj, leszarom, kipróbálhatom az uj gázlót. Nem is csalódtam benne, 2réteg […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Földi)
- Hidegfront és a Hernád April 17, 2014
- 648,987 hits
Outdoor Blogger Network